Born: 3rd March 1971, Kandhar, Maharashtra State, India.
Education: * B.F.A. (Applied Art) with "First in the Order of Merit"
from Govt. School of Art, Marathwada University, Aurangabad. 1991,
Maharashtra state, India
Areas of work: Abstract Painting, Communication Design & Exhibition Display Design
Presently working: As a Teaching Faculty of Sir J. J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai Since 1997 till day
My Inspiration: My students are the most important factor of my development. Being a teacher I interact with students frequently. Conversation with students, give me more inspiring thoughts. Their analytical/ thoughtful/ random questions make me learn more and help me keep myself updated. Many a times the colorful attires of students suggest interesting color schemes and compositions. Every year, I meet a new batch of students, talk to them, and interact with them. It helps me stay young in thought and actions. In a way, I give my 10% knowledge and the students in turn give me 90% inspiration. That is why I feel that not a single day of life goes wasted. Because every day I believe I have something good, something worthwhile; be it as a teacher or an abstract painter. That is why every single day of mine is a cheerful day. And I personally believe that the simplest things are most difficult to create.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
* 2013 ‘Moving Ahead’, Jamaat, Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2013 ‘Moving Ahead’, Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2010 ‘Delving within’, Jamaat, Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2007 ‘Inspired Windows’, Jamaat, Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2007 Time and Space, Art Gallery, Bangalore.
* 2006 Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2005 Legacy Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2003 Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 1999 Sir J. J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai.
Selected Group Exhibitions
* 2016 Art Annual, Mahua Art Gallery, Bangalore.
* 2016 Renaissance Art Gallery, Pune.
* 2013 Mahua Art Gallery, Bangalore.
* 2012 Tilting Art Gallery, Pune.
* 2009 Museum Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 & 2013 Jamaat Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2009 Tradition Art Gallery, Mumbai
* 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012& 2013 Art Fusion Show NehruCentre Art Gallery, Mumbai
* 2008 Hotel Grand Hyatt, Dubai.
* 2008 “Hope and cheer” Charity art show for Indian Cancer Society,
Jamaat Art Gallery & Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai.
* 2006&2008 Legacy Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2007 “Earth on Canvas” Charity art show for WWF New Delhi
Organized by Contemporary Art India Gallery, Kolkata
* 2007 Indraprastha Art Gallery, New Delhi
* 2006 Art Mosaic Art Gallery, Singapore.
* 2015 Seventh Con/corso Buenos Aires, Milan, Italy
* 2013 International Contemporary Artists Vol. VII, ICA Publishing, New York, US
* 2009 The Indian Academy of Fine Arts, Amritsar
* 2004, 2005 &2006 The Bombay Art Society.
* 2006 Camelart Foundation 9th Western Region Exhibition (Professional category)
* 2004 Art Workshop – Organized by Raj Bhavan Mumbai.
* 2003, 2004 &2005 The Art Society of India.
* 2003 The Hyderabad Art Society, Hyderabad.
* 2003 South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur.
* 2002 & 2003 All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society, New Delhi (Maharashtra State Exhibition).
* 2002, 2004 &2006 'Chatak' a Monsoon show organized
by Nehru Centre Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 2003, 2004, 2005 &2006 Annual Members' Show of Artists Centre, Mumbai.
* 2003 &2005 LokmanyaTilak Art Exhibition, Pune.
* 2003, 2004 &2005 Annual Monsoon Show by Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai.
* 1994 to 2008 Maharashtra State Art Exhibitions (Professional Category.)
Lives and works in Mumbai
I believe, The most simple is the best and the simplest things are most difficult to create. I am from a small village of Maharashtra State, India and now I am in metro city, so the amalgams of nature and city life are mirrored in my work … As a child I loved visiting rivers and was fascinated by the reflection of shallow water, trees, the textures of wood, stones and leaves. These developed into frames of reference and manifest themselves as windows and boxes in my work… I frequently use geometric shapes, squares and rectangles. It depicts my current urban habitat. In spite of coming from a rural background I cannot deny the effects of urbanization on me. Hence, my works bring out this very blend of urban and rural India.
As every painting gives me pleasure, so does the medium. Each medium keeps on encouraging me to explore and experiment. All my paintings have given me sublime satisfaction of creation. The feeling of immense joy, which I have experienced, I hope to offer the same to the viewer.
If you carefully go through my painting, you may find various meanings according to your understanding or even the colour, texture, composition or subject might interest you. That is why in order to understand an abstract painting; the point of view is what matters most. Ultimately it is the viewer’s point of view.
14''x14'' Water colour on paper
14''x14'' Water colour on paper
14''x14'', Water colour on paper
18''x7'', Acrylic on canvas