Location: Macedonia, Republic of
Born; May 16, 1964 in Gostivar
Address: Tomo [umski 5, Gostivar, Macedonia
Tel. ## 389 (0)78322622
1980 - 1984 - Art High School, Skopje
1984 - 1988 – Faculty of Fine Arts, Skopje, in the
class of Ana Temkova
2000 - 2002 - Postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Fine
Arts, Prishtina, in the class of Rexhep Feri
Currently work as Professor of paintings, Faculty of Art in “State University of Tetova” – Tetovo, Macedonia.
-President of Association of Fine Arts of Macedonia “DRAUDACUM”
Awards and honors
2013 - Award For; Lifetime Achievement in the Arts and Culture "October 11".
Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Macedonia;
2011 - Municipality of Gostivar, "The contribution of culture" – Macedonia
2010 - “Johnnie Walker Man of the Year”. Skopje - Macedonia
2009 - DLUM (Society of Fine Arts in Macedonia); Award for Paintings “Lazar Licenoski”- Macedonia
2009 - SHAFGJ (Society of Fine Arts artist of Gjilane); Award for Paintings; “Salloni i Gjilanit” – Kosovo
2006 - Tirana Association, Award; "As a tribute to his work with High level of artistic appreciation in National and Internationa ",- Albania
2006 - Art Forum Weltoffen, Vienna - Austria
2006 – “Draudacum” Art Association; “November Award for Art” – Macedonia
1997 - The first prize for the Logo of the City of Gostivar - Macedonia
Selected Solo exhibitions
2017- Zagreb, Museum “Mimara”
2016 - Beijing, Museum of Fine Arts “Songzhuang”
2016 - Skopje, Macedonian Academy of Science and Arts
2015 - Berlin, Museum “Steglitz”
2015 - Hamburg, Gallery “Mytoro”
2015 - New York City, “TAI exhibit”
2015 - Stip, National gallery “Bezisten”
2013 - New York City, MC Gallery
2013 - New York City, Fadil Berisha Studio
2012 - Manheim, Bohner Galerie
2012 - Zurich, Keller galerie
2011 - Bruxelles, Wallonie – Bruxelles International
2011 - Sophie, National Gallery of Bulgaria
2010 - Prishtina "Art Gallery of Kosova"
2010 - Skopje, National Gallery – “Daut Pasha Hamam”
2009 - New York, MS Gallery
2008 - Nurnberg, Ehrenhalle des Rathauses
2007 - Skopje, Museum of Contemporary Art
2005 - Tirana, National Gallery
2004 - New York, Macedonian Cultural Center
2004 - Paris, International Cite des ARTS
2003 - Skopje, City Museum
1998 - New York, Gallery TAI
1997 - New York, Gallery TAI
1996 - Prizren, Gallery “Rada”
1994 - Gostivar, “Centre for Culture”
1994 - Skopje, “KIC”- “Skopje Summer”…
Selected Publications which appeared
1.Macedonian National Gallery, Skopje. “20 Years work of Resat Ameti”; Author. Anna Frangovska. Luan Starova, cheap Kletnikov. 2010
2. Selected among 10 artists in Macedonia in the luxurious Monograph “Contemporary Artists in
Macedonia”, published by Shoshua, England 2002
3.Included in the Monograph,National Gallery of Macedonia 2010
4. Included in the Monograph, Museum of Skopje 2015
5. Included in the Monograph,“50 years of DLUM”; V.Velickovski; “Geometricism in Macedonia”;1997
6.”Transfiguring”, Macedonian Collection of Image Mundi,Curator Ana Frangovska
1. International Cite des Arts, Paris, “Reshat Ameti 2004”, author; Ismail Kadare
2. Museum of Contemporary Art. Skopje “Reshat Ameti 1997 -2007”, author; Kadri Metaj
3. Art Gallery of Kosovo Pristina, "Reshat Ameti", author; Kadri Metaj 2011
4. National Palace of Culture Sofia "Reshat Ameti" , author; Ana Frangovska 2011
5. 20101. Matica Exclusive, Skopje, "Reshat Ameti," author; Eftim Kletnikov 2015
Art works are in collections in lot of museums and institutions;
-Museum Mimara, Zagreb
- Macedonian Academy of Science and Arts, Skopje
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Skopje.
- National Gallery, Tirana.
- National Gallery of Macedonia, Skopje
- Art Gallery of Kosova, Prishtina.
- Museum of the City of Skopje.
- Culture and Information Centre, Skopje.
- TAI Gallery-New York City,
- MS Gallery-New York City
- The Ministry of Culture of R.Macedonia.
-The Ministry of Ecology of R.Macedonia
- The Ministry of Defense of R.Macedonia
- University "St. Cyril and Methodius" Skopje.
- State University of Tetovo.
- University "South-Eastern Europe", Tetovo.
- Iliria University. Prishtina, Kosova
- RM Embassy in Paris, France
- Municipality of City of Skopje
- Municipality of City of Gostivar
- Municipality of City of Tetova
His art Works are on property of many Art private collections as well as world famous personalities, Nobel prize winners, world famous writers, Presidents of States etc.
Participated more than 200 group exhibition in world; New York, Paris,Strasbourg, Viena, Pasau, Ankara, Edrene, Roma, Boston, Dijon, Trieste, Sofia, Bukuresht, Dijon, Varshava, Gorica, Ulqin,Tirana, Vlorë, Pogradec, Prishtina, Gjilan, Theranda...
Also Participated in numerous art symposiums and colonies in Macedonia and
- Selected Group Exhibitons
-“Let Us Give Chance to Solidarity”. Museum of Comparative Art. Skopje 2016
-“ From Collection of Museum of City of Skopje . 2016
- “Gost Fest”. National Centre for Culture. Gostivar. 2016
- "World of love poetry and paintings". National Gallery . Skopje. 2016
- "Salon des Artistes". Dijon. France 2015
- “The annual exhibition of DLUM”. National Gallery. Skopje .2015
- "Art on the Danube"Samorin. Slovakia . 2015
- "Catalog". The annual Exhibition DLUM. National Gallery.Skopje. 2015
- "The November Price "National Center of Culture- Gostivar.2015
- "For the Glory of the Art". National Gallery - Skopje. 2015
- “Apolonia”. Fier. Albania. 2015
- "Collective Exhibition". Gallery of Arts. Prishtina. Kosova’ 2014
- "Salon des Artistes". Dijon. France. 2015
- "Art on the Danube". Samorin, Sllovakia. 2014
- "The November Price ".The National Center for Culture - Gostivar.2014
- "Salon des Artistes". Dijon. France. 2014
- "Inter Salon".Passau. Germany. 2013
- "Salon des Artistes".Dijon, France. 2013
- "Art on the Danube". Samorin, Sllovakia.2013
- "The Modern Albanian Painting". Iliria University.Prishtina. Kosovo.2013
- "Art on the Danube".Samorin, Sllovaki.2013
-"International Art Colony Kicevo 2013".KIC. Skopje.2013
- "Salon des Artistes".Dijon.France. 2012
- "100". National Gallery. Skopje 2012
- "Exhibition of Arts Professors of SUT "National Gallery. Skopje 2012
- "Freedom". Therandë. Kosova. 2011
- "Donations, Buying". Museum of Contemporary Art - Skopje.2011
- "EUROART 2011".Art Gallery. Pogradec. Albania. 2011
- "Universal Wealth of Creativity". Skopje. 2011
- "Winter Days in Pogradec 'Art Gallery. Pogradec. Albania 2011
-"The November Price". The National Center for Culture. Gostivar.2011
-"The Magic of Vevcani". KIC. Skoje.2011
-" The 4 July". The National Center for Culture.Tetovë. 2010
- “Winter Salon”. Museum of Contemporary Art. Skopje .2010
- "Small Format". KIC .Skopje. 2010
- "Balkan Spirit". Museum of the City of Skopje. 2009
-"Lear". Art Gallery . Berat. Albania 2009
-"Artists of Macedonia in Sofia"Gallery "NDK".Sofia. Bullgaria. 2009
- "Salon of Gnjilane". Gallery of Art .Gjilan.Kosova. 2009
-"Group Exhibition ".Museum of the City of Skopje. 2009
- "Collective Exhibition". Trakia University. Edirne. Turkey. 2009
- "DLUM Landscape". House of Army. Skopje.2008
- "Donor Exhibition". National Gallery. Skopje. 2008
- "Days of the Culture of Macedonia". MC Galery. New York. USA. 2008
-"107 Artist of Macedonia". Cite International des Arts.Paris. France. 2008
-"60Years of the National Gallery of Macedonia". Macedonian National Gallery .Skopje.2008
- "Winter Salon-Schengen". National Gallery of Maqedonisë.Skopje.2008
-"Annual exhibition of DLUM". Museum of City of Skopje.2008
-"Days of Albanian culture in Macedonia". National Gallery of Macedonia - Skopje.2007
-"Good Morning Ballkans". National Gallery of Macedonia - Ohër.2007
-"Balkan Spirit". The Museum of the City of Skopje 2007
-"Good Morning Ballkans". Sala Giubileo Trieste, Italy.2006
- "Together". Museum of the City of Skopje. 2006
-"45Years of International Art Colony in Strumica". National Center for Culture - Strumica.2006
- "Nationwide Exhibition". National Center for Culture - Gostivar.2006
-"Art Expo Tirana". National Gallery - Tirana, Alb.2006nia
-"Albanian Culture in Macedonia". National Gallery of Macedonia - Skopje2006
-"Annual Exhibition of DLUM". The Museum of the City of Skopje.2005
-"Spring Salon". National Center for Culture - Gostivar.2005
-"Art Colony Struga 2005"-Strugë.2005 Popular museum
- "Nationwide Exhibition”. National center for culture - Gostivar.2005
- "Collective Exhibition". Alternative . Skopje.2004
- "Winter Salon". Museum of Contemporary Art. Skopje. 2004
-“Good Morning Balkans”. National Museum. Bucharest. Rumenia. 2003
- “Group Exhibition”. National Gallery - Ohrid, House of Robevci. 2003
-“Good Morning Balkans”.National Gallery of Kosova. Prishtina. Kosova.2003
- “Group Exhibition”.Museumof City of Skopje. 2002
- “Group Exhibition”. Museum of Contemporary Art. Skopje.2001
-“Winter Salon” Museum of Contemporary Art. Skopje. 1997
- “Group Exhibition”. Museumof City of Skopje. 1996
-“Winter Salon” Museum of Contemporary Art. Skopje. 1995
-“ Days of Macedonian Youth”. Strasbourg,France. 1994
- “Group Exhibition”. National Gallery. Tirana. Albanija 1992
DESCRIPTION OF MY ART WORK
“The energy of life lays on the need for expression, and the art always offers various forms with which one can achieve it.” (Aristotle)
My preferred media is oil on canvas as well as mixed media; materials paper, textile, natural materials, mixture of plastic mass, glue for wood etc. I use those technique and methods to give more pulse and doing thus transmit the energy for certain emotional state on one hand, and on the other, their visual role have key importance. The general chromatic scale in my works for all period is in Light, harmony with the earth color except some purple and yellow accents which give the painting dynamics and rhythm.
I developed simultaneously several stages, partly keeping a large part of the characteristics of elaborated abstraction with geometrical and lyrical properties, additionally researching the breakthrough of the second dimension and announcing the third one (the cycle “Lyrical geometry”); but also introducing new artistic approaches more inclined to the lyrical abstraction, leaving the geometry behind or neglecting it, and emphasizing more the color I the cycle “Well” or following the symbolic and tradition i.e. using certain elements from the ethno-culture such as the national costumes, household objects from my region (Western part of Macedonia), folk aprons, necklaces, sleeves, socks, small rugs etc., works in which the colors dominate again.
The saturation by the premeditated conceptual and social and urban engagement, I release myself by diving into the tradition, history, folklore, using them for his primordial energy through patterns, shapes, details touching and forming thus the primordial form of the cycle “From tradition”. Ethno-decorations often have symbolic and associative meaning per se, which are I use as additional esthetical aspect that makes the abstractly blurred background, processed metaphysically.
All these, combined with plasticity, mild relief and texturality of the work of art reshape the composition that is coordinated allegorically. In these works of art, the color erupts and carries the prime visual sensation and thank to its intensity, picturesque effect, power and symbolic, ethno-properties and aspects of tradition and belonging, self-identification are emphasized...
The light is one of the key cursives in this topic, it is light that radiates and which means beginning and primordial matter, faith, religion, art...all in one! It is not necessary to emphasize that the light is the fundament of all perception arts, but in this case it’s not the light used for enlightening the optical objects or for the contents of a topic. Here it is about the light as a material for plastic expression, perceived as a pigment not as a color, or as bodies in the space instead of stones and trees. In this context the light is only a phenomenon of matter of energy or undulated Nature.
In the cycles “From Tradition” encompasses the largest number of my works of art which The light erupts from the white canvas, from the pure surfaces and refracting builds a color spectrum. Systematically organized triangles, circles, squares, vertical and horizontal lines on the canvas, which “corporality” is full of energy, dynamics, metaphysics, and matter. Structures of relief matter, like the details of landscapes, rudiments of an existence and presence, spirituality, build the plasticity of these formally two dimensional surfaces emphasizing their genesis, power and energy, these “traditional bodies” exist in a magical, informel and lyrical space which is not a void, Euclid’s cavity but a drama without patheticalness, tension and tactility.” The gesture, the move, tiny thrilling and eruptive traces of the brush, the suggestion of a movement, texturality i.e. the layers of the space itself, mythical light, make the communication vivid and suggest a dramatic contents.
A new spasm within this cycle are the works in which works I not only with the illusion of third dimension as a suggestion of depth, but I try he breaks through the second dimension and creates a new plasticity and spaciousness in solving the flat painting canvas.
One of the possible ways of interpretation of this research is: many variations on the same topic, or, self-exploration in order to stop the power i.e. to complete the work on time and which is that time. This is one more option for the different development stages and procedures during the creating process of a work of art.
None of these mentioned cycles are not sterile, isolated and do not exist independently, and very often I created works that are an amalgam of various styles and my contents researches and they can be classified in more cycles.
Instead of a conclusion I would like once again to stress the most significant characteristics, central points of my creative engagement , and they are the following:
-Lyricism in a form a gesture, sign, matter, which dynamize, inspires and liberates;
- Light which is source of life, spirituality, faith, religion, love, everything and nothing; and
-Tradition as an element of identification, affiliation, self-cognition, value, morality and ethics.
From tradition 16.9.Oil on canvas. 60 x 70. 2016
From tradition 15.2.Oil on canvas. 80 x 70. 2015
"Enigma". Oil on Canvas.100 x 90. 2015