Venetian born and bred, I obtained a degree in Humanities at the University of Cà Foscari with a thesis on the History of Cinema. I have dedicated myself with great passion for over twenty years to the art of photography which I consider to be a means of expressing emotions. While keeping on exploring with curiosity and enthusiasm the many fields of photography (from street photography to reportage) my prevalent passion is creative photography and artistic expression in a broader sense, also through the combination of different tecniques. In fact I enjoy experimenting with the various possibilities offered by the many technical instruments available today, such as elaborating photos taken with my digital camera through the use of colours, brushes, digital imaging softwares with the sole intention of widening the horizon of my creative inspiration. I have shown some of my works in personal and collective exhibitions in Italy and abroad.
- "Water Emotions" - Venice, Querini Stampalia Foundation (2012); Marseille, Italian Cultural Institute (2014); Lido di Venezia, Swimming pool “Blue Frog” (2016)
- "In the Water" – Venice, Bistrot de Venise (2015)
- "Ego and Universe" - Venice, Hotel Ca’ Pisani (2015)
- "Nocturne" - Lido di Venezia, Galleria delle Cornici (2016)
- "Human and Divine in Nature" (curated by Paola Fiorini in the Event Polesine Fotografia 2017) at Villa Badoer in Fratta Polesine - Rovigo (2017)
- "Mirella La Rosa" (curated by Assunta Cuozzo within the project Art Currents VI 2017) - Lido di Venezia, Hotel Villa Pannonia (2017)
- "Flash" - Venice, Casa dei Tre Oci (2012)
- "Men" - Venice, Cassa di Risparmio (2013)
- "Time" - Casa dei Tre Oci (2013/2014)
- "Art and Biennali" - Venice, Cassa di Risparmio (2014).
- "What remains of the day" - Venice, Casa dei Tre Oci (2015)
- "The self-portrait in contemporary photography" (curated by Francesca Della Toffola and Giorgio Bonomi at the 6th edition of Trevignano Photography) at Villa Onigo in Trevignano - Treviso (2015).
- "Artiste contemporanee alla Galleria delle Cornici" - Lido di Venezia (2016).
- "Photographic Print Masterpieces" (curated by Roberto Salbitani) - Castle of San Vito al Tagliamento - Pordenone (2017).
- "The Veneto Photographers of the 1900s" (curated by CRAF - Photographic Archiving Research Center of Spilimbergo - Italy) - San Lorenzo’s Church - San Vito al Tagliamento - Pordenone (2017).
Taking advantage of an “error” in the most recent instrument capable also of taking photographs, that remarkable little factotum going by the name of iPhone, and endeavouring, as much as possible, to understand its secret and bend it to my will while accepting and even welcoming with pleasure that percentage of the unexpected which inevitably remains, I find myself catapulted into a secret and mysterious dimension: the passage of time and movement. A space-time dimension which evades our visual perception because we are not able to dominate it with our five senses. This brings me to reflect on the fleetingness of the moment, on the impermanence of matter, on the flowing of our own lives in an attempt to Follow Time in its inexorable passing where we appear ephemeral actors in a space which, because of its static nature, appears to outlive us despite the changes to which even it is subject.
This work comes from the bold manipulation of my photographs with the intention of transforming them into visions emerging from the deep, for water has almost always been the guiding-theme in my photography. Just like water, our mind is fluid and the images we see become dissolved in it. Transformed, they flutter and waver, becoming deformed with softened edges they assume new shapes, materializing and dematerializing emotions leading to the separation of form and colour, they take us back to the essence of things, our way of living and the multiplicity of our perceptions. In the merging of the calm and reflecting waters of the Venetian lagoon with the waters of the mountains, either in tumultuous descent over stones and rocks or, paradoxically, motionless, under the form of ice, I see a city engulfed, swept away by inexorable waves, by time and by the far distance which carries away even memories.... The past, the present, a future both mysterious and unpredictable which could change the face of history... Imminent catastrophes... What fate awaits water cities? What fate awaits a soul, a life? The whole flows in a universal embrace...