I graduated in art history from Brighton University's School of Historical and Critical Studies in 2003 and from the Shakespeare Institute of Birmingham University in 2005.
My work is on the borderline between art and design; informed by my interests in architectural history, production design for theatre and film and the work of Inigo Jones.
When not drawing and painting; I read, watch film/television adaptations of Shakespeare, design and construct theatre sets, costumes and masks, visit castles, art galleries and museums and go for long walks as an alternative to lengthy periods of studio time.
1. Opera North: The Threepenny Opera (Huddersfield 1987).Rehearsal stand in, stage hand.
2. Single page illustration: brush and ink nude. The North Issue 9 ( The Poetry Business: 1990)
3. Skylark Peoples' Arts: The Ghosts of the West Pier (Brighton, 2001). Resident artist, visual effects adviser.
4. Shakespeare Institute Players: Much Ado about Nothing (Stratford upon Avon, 2003). Set designer, property master
5. Shakespeare Institute Players: Macbeth (Stratford upon Avon, 2004). Property master.
6. Storyboard artist: "Very Heaven", Mezzo Films. Due for release in 2008/09.
1. BA Hons. Visual Culture ( University of Brighton: School of Historical and Critical Studies, 2003).Upper division II:I.
2. MA. Shakespeare, Stratford upon Avon and the Cultural History of Renaissance England
(University of Birmingham: Shakespeare Institute, 2005). Pass with merit.
1. Adapting Hamlet: Authorship, Originality and Representation. A textual and historical analysis of Hamlet from the 12th century AD to the present day. ( Beveridge, Lucy. University of Brighton: School of Historical & Critical Studies, 2003).
2. Multi-media and the Jacobean Masque 1609-1613. A revised interpretation of political motivation and cultural practice in the early Stuart court ( Beveridge, Lucy. University of Birmingham: Shakespeare Institute, 2005).
2003. Winner of the University of Brightons' Walker-MayLiterature Prize for undergraduate dissertation: 'AdaptingHamlet: Authorship, Originality & Representation- a textual and historical analysis of Hamlet from the 12th century AD to the present day' (Beveridge , Lucy. University of Brighton: School of Historical & Critical Studies, 2003).
Lucy Beveridge hasn't uploaded any images yet. Please check back soon!