Location: United States
Artist Bio and CV of Kaz Ooka Feb/2012
1947 Born in Japan
1968 Received a bachelor degree of Mechanical Engineering at Tokyo Denki University
1978 Moved to USA
1981-1998 Designed industrial products and built a business of manufacturing fluid handling equipments.
1998 Started drawing practice at Oakton Community College, Des Planes IL.
1999 Joined The Palette & Chisel Academy of Fine Arts, Chicago IL and started several painting exercise.
2002 1st Exhibition at Palette and Chisel with two other member artists.
2004 2nd Exhibition at Palette and Chisel with two other member artists.
2006 Solo-exhibition at Palette and Chisel "Musician's World", Chicago, IL USA
2007 Solo-exhibition at The Nippon Gallery, New York, NY USA
2008 Solo-exhibition at EZ’sWoodshed, Harlem, NY
2009 Solo-exhibition at Nuyorican Poets Café, New York, NY
• Studied at several workshops such as Diane Rath, Romel de La Torre, David Leffel, Clayton Beck and Jove Wang who are considered leading representational artists.
• Painted with an Italian Artist, Paulo DeMaria Guaitamacchi, for lengthy period in Chicago Illinois , Kyoto Japan and Northern Italy between 2002-2003.
• Studied sculpture at New York Art Student League 2006
• Merit Award from Salmagundi Club 2007 non-member juried competition in oil painting section
• Accepted in Manhattan Arts International 2007 competition in oil painting section
• Accepted in Salon D’Automne, 2007 Paris France “Someone Listening”
• Rauschenberg Tribute Exhibition, 2009 , Museum of Gulf Coast
• Best of America 2009, National Oil and Acrylics Painters Society, Trend-Setter Award “Maestro’s Field”
• Accepted in Salon D’Automne, 2010 Paris France “Pink Ball”
• Accepted in Le Salon juried exhibition of Association of Artist of France 2011
• First place in oil painting of juried Art Buzz publication 2012
• Palette And Chisel Academy of Fine Art, Chicago Illinois since 1998
• Art Student League of New York since 2006
kaz ooka hasn't uploaded any images yet. Please check back soon!